[Kamailio-Users] Problem with REGISTER

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Dec 7 14:38:20 CET 2009

On Montag, 30. November 2009, Uriel Rozenbaum wrote:
> I'm having a strange problem with my Kamailio 1.5.3 when trying to register
> an Audiocodes Gateway. I'm using authentication for REGISTER messages.
>
> The GW sends a REGISTER without credentials, so I do a proxy_challenge.
> Then the GW sends a REGISTER with credentials but the proxy_authorize is
> returning -4.
>
> I did an NGREP to check the messages and they don't seem malformed, can you
> tell me if there is something on the functions that might be loosing the
> Proxy-Authorization header?
> This happens only with this GW, not if i register a softphone (XLITE).

Hello Uriel,

do you see any error related to the parser in the log files, perhaps the
Proxy-Authorization header somehow uses not the correct syntax? I'm not aware
of any error that looses auth headers. You also not get a "stale nonce"
result, which could be because of some bug in the nonce check code, which is
the youngest part of the module.

Best regards,

Henning