[Kamailio-Users] LCR questions ( ping and flags columns )

Ricardo Martinez rmartinez at redvoiss.net
Thu Aug 27 19:15:32 CEST 2009

Hello Juha.
Another question (in line).

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Juha Heinanen [mailto:jh at tutpro.com]
Enviado el: jueves, 27 de agosto de 2009 11:55
Para: Ricardo Martinez
CC: users at lists.kamailio.org
Asunto: [Kamailio-Users] LCR questions ( ping and flags columns )

Ricardo Martinez writes:

 > The first one is about the "ping" column in the gw table.  I guess
this
 > column stores the "results" of execute a ping to the gateways in the
 > LCR.gw table isn't?.

i don't think that anything is stored in the column by the proxy.

So, when you first create the Gateway in the mysql table, the column
ping is filled with what value?
Then, if a gateway is marked as down,  the proxy does not change the
value in the "ping" column for that gateway?

 > So how this "ping" is executed? It is just a simple ICMP message? Or
 > maybe is an OPTIONS sip message to the gateway?.  I saw in the
lcr_mod.c
 > file some ping_method, ping_interval variables, but in the README
file
 > there is nothing about the "ping".  Could someone clarify this to me
 > this?

if i remember correctly, it is an options request.

in the first version of sip-router, pinging has been replaced by
a possibility to stop selecting a failing gw for a particular amount of
time.

 > Second.  In the mysql "gw" table there is a column called "flags".
 > According to the README file it said that this column can store
gateways
 > "capabilities".  For example, and I hope that someone could guide me
 > here, can i store the maximum channels available per gateway?, and
use
 > it to select or not select a gateway according the gateway channels
 > used?.

gateway selection algorithm does not take in account the flags.  they
are just stored into an avp when a particular gw has been selected.  for
example, you can use the flags to tell, in which header field it expect
to receive uri of the caller.

-- juha