[Kamailio-Users] [SR-Users] kamailio 3.0 - the time before freezing

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 15:37:55 CEST 2009

On 24.08.2009 16:29 Uhr, Alex Balashov wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>
>> Just as a different example, sqlops plus some scripting could
>> obsolete most of db-connected modules - auth_db, alias_db, speeddial,
>> uri_db, a.s.o, but doing so is not at all a good decision.
>
> In the case of my implementations, I have to do this quite frequently
> because I do custom integration projects that incorporate specific
> providers' sometimes very esoteric business logic.  The sqlops module
> was one of the best things to ever have happened to Kamailio, and I am
> very thankful for it.
>
> My understanding is that the argument for using a native DB-connected
> module boils down to the fact that most of these modules do some sort
> of in-memory caching and/or buffering of large data sets, and use data
> structures and search algorithms that are appropriate to the nature of
> that data.  So, this results in much faster processing with less
> overhead and, of course, less database load.
No, no caching for above mentioned modules. They simply hide a db query
in most of the cases. They are supposed to deal with quite large volume
of records where caching makes no sense. So you do not loose any
performance by using sqlops. You can check with benchmark module.

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla
* http://www.asipto.com/