[Kamailio-Users] [SR-Users] kamailio 3.0 - the time before freezing

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 12:58:27 CEST 2009

Hello,

On 24.08.2009 13:49 Uhr, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> 2009/8/24 Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> during the last IRC devel meeting, we pinned end of summer to be the time to
>> enter testing phase for the new major release - codenamed kamailio 3.0.
>>
>> There was quite a lot of brand new features, considering that most of devel
>> effort was directed to integration. A try to collect new items is available
>> at:
>>
>> http://sip-router.org/wiki/features/new-in-devel
>>

> Hi, I read:
>
> -----------------
> script mode can be switched between ser compatible, kamailio
> compatible and max compatibility (compatible with both as much as
> possible), using
>       #!SER
>       #!KAMAILIO
>       #!OPENSER
>       #!ALL
>       #!MAXCOMPAT
> -----------------
>
> Is it a good approach? why not make it strict for a definitive syntax?
> (this will occur soon or late and when it occurs it will break config
> files with all these syntaxs).

this mechanism was introduced in the early phase of integration to
provide support for eventual major conflicts. AFAIK we haven't run into
a deadlock requiring selecting a specific mode. The Kamailio PVs
overlapping in naming with SER AVPs was the most important case, solved
by looking up first PV and if not found assume is avp using SER syntax.

Andrei can correct me if I overlooked something.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
* http://www.asipto.com/