[Kamailio-Users] kamailio 3.0 - the time before freezing

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 12:02:17 CEST 2009

Hello everybody,

during the last IRC devel meeting, we pinned end of summer to be the
time to enter testing phase for the new major release - codenamed
kamailio 3.0.

There was quite a lot of brand new features, considering that most of
devel effort was directed to integration. A try to collect new items is
available at:

http://sip-router.org/wiki/features/new-in-devel

Of course, all ser features are available as well, resulting a large
amount of new stuff in kamailio 3.0 vs kamailio 1.5.x. See:
http://sip-router.org/benefits/
http://www.iptel.org/ser/features

I propose to start the testing phase sometime next week.

Meanwhile, let's see if something important was forgotten from kamailio
core or tm. To my knowledge:
- path support in tm - Andrei has it on his todo afaik - in a way or
another, it must get in next release
- drop compatibility - drop reply in reply_route - internally drop and
exit are now differentiated by core, needs review and update of handling
after running the routes - on my to-do

Apart seas, all Kamailio modules are fully ugraded to new core - I
started but lack of test env + busy summer resulted in delays - can be
done during testing period, being just api updates.

If you have discovered something else, let us know.

Thanks,

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
* http://www.asipto.com/