[Kamailio-Users] limits per subscriber and per gateway

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Aug 20 12:51:47 CEST 2009

Daniel,

Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

> using dialog module is one way.
>
> Personally I am using the htable module for this purpose, preferring a
> lighter version. When a new call comes, I store the user id using the
> call id as key. Then using the user is as key I count the active calls.
> When bye goes through, a decrease the number of calls. The limits you
> can store in another htable or database. Auto-expire deals nicely with
> missing bye.

I used to do it this way before the 'dialog' module came along.  :-)

Do you run into any complications from doing this that arise from
potentially complicated dialog states, which the dialog module can
handle but not this implementation?  What about forking etc?

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems