[Kamailio-Users] kamailio auth with service provider

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Wed Aug 12 12:34:31 CEST 2009

El Miércoles, 12 de Agosto de 2009, Lance Evans escribió:
> Hey Guys,
>
> Apparently Kamailio cannot authenticate with my service provider. Can
> this not be done with a sip trunk or peering!?

If you mean that your Kamailio should authenticate by sending the request with
credentials, that's not suitable for a proxy (a proxy CANNOT generate a
request acting as the UAC from which it receives a request).
However, uac module allows it but it's really limited and CAN create problems.
Don't rely on it.

> if so how do i setup a
> trunk with kamailio!? and how do i setup peering?!

Usually peering at proxy level is done by allowing traffic coming from a
specific public IP or using TLS, but never using authentication. Ask your
carrier about it.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>