[Kamailio-Users] Request uri vs registered contact

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Wed Aug 12 12:29:18 CEST 2009

El Miércoles, 12 de Agosto de 2009, Olle E. Johansson escribió:
> Anyway, there's some work in the IETF to handle the register for
> multiple DID's, since the way it's used now clearly violates what's in
> the RFCs and there is an obvious need to register for "SIP trunks".

I implemented this in an "ellegant" way:

- The SIP trunk (Asterisk?) registers with Contact "s at IP" (or any contact).
- It has associated 3 PSTN numbers in the proxy/registrar.
- When the proxy receives a call for one of these 3 numbers it changes the
RURI according to the location of the client (lookup("location")) and adds a
header whose value is the dialed PSTN number in E164 format:
    P-Dialed-Number: +34987654321

So:
- "To" remains unchanged.
- RURI arriving to the client matches its registration's Contact.
- The client must inspect a custom header to know the real destination number
of the call.

However, I've read some RFC with a similar solution (I think it uses "P-
Called-Party" header, but later the complex "History" header appeared and...).

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>