[Kamailio-Users] HOWTO rewrite to: header

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Aug 12 11:20:34 CEST 2009

Ernest Mavrel wrote:

> El Miércoles, 4 de Marzo de 2009, Alex Balashov escribió:
>>/ Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> />/ > El Miércoles, 4 de Marzo de 2009, alexander merkulov escribió:
> />/ >> is there any way to rewrite   To: field in kamailio
> />/ >> because now it nto work
> />/ >
> />/ > Could I know why you need to rewrite To header?
> />/ > A proxy MUST NOT do it.
> />/
> />/ That was the question I was going to ask.  It violates proxy behaviour.
> /
> Unfortunatelly a typical pathetic reply from a SIP carrier is "sorry but the
> To is different than the request URI, so it cannot work...".

This is not a "pathetic" reply.  This is an RFC-compliant reply.  A user
agent reasonably expects the To and From header values to match those in
the initial request.

Why do you need to rewrite the To URI?  The RFC says you shouldn't route
on it, but on the Request URI.  If you need to rewrite the To URI,
chances are you are doing something wrong or there is a better way to
accomplish the goal.

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov