[Kamailio-Users] dialog info + Grandstreams = freezing

David kamailio.org at spam.lublink.net
Tue Aug 11 14:18:01 CEST 2009

Hey,

I am not good at diagrams, but here goes :

[ Asterisk] [ Asterisk ]  ================> [ MySQL ]
    /  \                /   \
 [         Kamailio                                 ]  ============/\
      / \                / \                        / \
[ Extension ] [ Extension ] [ Extension ]

Here is a simple flow :

1. Extension 1 is plugged in
2. It registers to Kamailio and Kamailio stores to Location
3. Extension 1 subscribes to all the other extensions
4. Kamailio calls handle_publish() and t_release()
5. Extension 1 dials '102'
6. Kamailio receives the INVITE chooses an asterisk server and relays
the INVITE ( t_relay )
7. Asterisk does some checking, starts monitor ( if needed ) and some
other stuff
8. Asterisk sends INVITE to Kamailio for testspace.102
9. Kamailio finds testspace.102 in database and forwards INVITE to the
appropriate extension
10. Extension replies 'OK'
11. Kamailio, using reply-route, sends it back to asterisk
12. Asterisk bridges the call with 101
13. Asterisk sends an OK back through Kamailio to Extension 1.
14. Asterisk tries to reinvite the audio ( if not monitoring )
15. Audio bypasses Asterisk, but the SIP still is making the full trip.

Does this answer your question?

David