[Kamailio-Users] Load Balancing Asterisk using Kamailio

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 15:58:57 CEST 2009

On 04/27/2009 03:13 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> 2009/4/27 Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:
>
>> these steps are ok if you do not deal with NAT. If yes, then things get
>> a bit more complex, you need PATH support on load balancer, but AFAIK,
>> Asterisk does not support it -- maybe I am wrong.
>>

> You are not wrong :)
> In fact Asterisk doens't know what a proxy it, it just expects phones
> conencted to it XD

more and more only peer-to-peer ... probably we have to change our
project's goals as well :-).

It is surprisingly how many gateways and other devices are out there
without proper sip v2 implementation -- just facing an issue with some
vendor and Record-Route -- for them the contact is the master.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com/