[Kamailio-Users] carrier route vs LCR

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Fri Apr 10 07:07:12 CEST 2009

Jinsong Hu writes:

 > I have been looking at the carrier route and LCR. it appears to me that LCR
 > can be used to handle tariff , i.e,
 > selecting lowest cost route. while carrier route doesn't have this
 > capability at all. but carrier route , according to LCR, scales better than
 > LCR.

what you mean by "according to LCR"?  i'm not familiar with carrier
route, but i don't see any other scaling limits with LCR except memory
for lcr and gw entries.

perhaps carrier route does not keep its corresponding entries in memory,
but fetches them each time from database?

 > for a typical telco, the rate sheet is around 5K to 20K records. it appears
 > both LCR and carrier route can handle it.
 >
 > is the above assessment correct ?

LCR should be able to handle those numbers.

-- juha