[Kamailio-Users] 513 Message too big

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Apr 9 14:29:01 CEST 2009

2009/4/9 Joao Gomes Pereira <gomespereira at startel.pt>:
>> Most probably you are getting into loops. Check with ngrep the SIP
>> flow and you'll realize that Kamailio is sending requests to *itself*.
>>
> But how is this possible if the calls work, when placed with an Asterisk
> extension?
> ( ex:   X-Lite -> Asterisk -> Kamailio )

We can spent long hours speaking about "how is it possible". What you
should do, as I already suggested, is capturing a SIP trace with ngrep
and inspect what is happening (most probably a loop).

> Kamailio should see this Asterisk as a client and route the calls the same
> way, when placed by an extension or through another Asterisk trunk.
> isn't this true?

Probably, but it doesn't mean that your Kamailio config is the correct
one for that case.
Again: ngrep

Also:  http://dev.sipdoc.net/wiki/ngrep-sip

--