[Kamailio-Users] [SR-Dev] MI_XMLRPC

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Thu Apr 2 20:13:34 CEST 2009

On Apr 01, 2009 at 16:37, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
> Jason Penton writes:
>
>  > Has anyone else noted poor stability with the mi_xmlrpc MI interface? We are
>  > noticing that after a while (very little load) it stop responding.
>
> there has been reports like that also earlier.  i personally have not
> noticed that.
>
> the library was somewhat hacked when it was include in openser and i
> don't think it has been upgraded since then.
>
> perhaps sip-router core will have a more robust implementation of xmlrpc
> server?

We reuse sr sip parser for parsing the xmlrpc http requests and then we
need only to parse the xml, so sr itself acts as an xml server. This has
the advantage that a special route can be used for handling xml messages
and one can decide whether or not to accept such a message having all
normal config tests at his disposal (e.g. one can allow xmlrpc only on
tls and only if some certificate matches or one can forward xmlrpcs to
all members of a cluster a.s.o).

However all this is integrated with the "rpc" interface, so it can be
used only if you write ser style rpcs instead of the mi functions, or if
you write a different xmlrpc mi transport (but since mi future is
uncertain I wouldn't do that).

Andrei