[Kamailio-Users] How to prevent - Same username used on multiple sip phones

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 16:33:14 CEST 2008

Hello,

On 09/30/08 16:10, Alex Hermann wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 September 2008, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>
>> to deal with some
>> broken NAT/STUN devices, when you are sure there is a single phone, but
>> each registration gets with a new port for each register refresh.
>>

> How usefull is this? How do you get packets from the outside through the NAT
> if the NAT is losing its mappings
the nat might not lose the mappings. Let me give an example where i
encountered a real need for this. Some time ago mobile phones starting
introducing sip phone applications to connect via wifi. It happened many
time that they crash and upon reboot they asked a new stun and got new
binding port, while the old contact was still valid. If registration
time is long enough could happen to have several contacts in location
table but only one valid. kamailio/openser was forking, of course the
right branch was answered, still, extra resources were used.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com