[Kamailio-Users] Dispatcher hash algorithms.

samuel samu60 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 13:05:56 CEST 2008

The Call-ID hash is used to send all requests of the same dialog to the same
endpoint (proxy,application server,gateway,whatever...).  The reason after
this behaviour is not to have these SIP endpoints sharing the status of all
the dialogs (not many applications out there share this status and therefore
you are required to send all within-dialog messages to the same SIP
instance).

simple: to send the BYE to the same gateway you sent the INVITE...

This does not guarantee fare load distribution....that's why depending on
what you are dispatching you can hash on several headers (if you don't have
to keep dialog state,...)

hope it helps,
Sam