[Kamailio-Users] Failed gateway recovery with dispatcher.

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Sep 24 21:58:17 CEST 2008

Daniel,

Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

>> I would think that using one gateway primarily, with a secondary as a
>> standby, is a very, very common use case.  What is the best way to do
>> this with dispatcher?
>>
> Add a new algorithm as you described, that is very simple, i will have
> it it mind.

I guess I was wondering why this algorithm was absent before, from a
philosophical perspective.

The scenario I am describing is so simple and common (route to one
gateway, and route to another if it fails) that I would have thought
that if it was not built into dispatcher before, it is because
dispatcher is conceptually intended for a different application.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems