[Kamailio-Users] custom routing

toly hippo_big at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 5 02:07:31 CEST 2008

Greetings,

Suppose I need to do custom routing for outbound calls from UA - softphone.

Each user account may have the following info attached to it:

1:provider_a:2:provider_b:3:provider_c
which means:
forward call to provider_a,
if failed forward call to provider_b
if failed forward call to provider_c
if failed send response back to UA

I do database lookup based on from, and get above string.
Suppose I wrote my own dispatcher module which initially gets set to above
string:
1:provider_a:2:provider_b:3:provider_c

and forwards to first provider, then on failure_route I call next_provider
and so on.

Will it work across multiple messages?  Will it work correctly for each
child - I mean joe at domain and
paul at domain should be handled according their own providers?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Toly