[Kamailio-Users] CDRTool and Prepaid

DanB danb at sms4sip.com
Mon Sep 1 12:12:49 CEST 2008

Hi Matteo,

I was in the same position like you are now, months back.

At least in OpenSER (please note that 1.4 is no longer tagged as OpenSER,
but Kamailio) it was hard to do call-control since SER like was not
initially developed to be dialog aware server. Dialog module is coming
slowly to be there but I have the feeling it will take a bit time more to
have a mature product out.

In the mean time I decided to go with an easier approach, so have installed
Yate ( I am sure Asterisk or Freeswitch can do the same job as well, but it
is just about having yate on hands on that time). In my case Yate will take
the timeout value from Private SIP Header and process it as global timer of
the call (Yate acts as SBC or B2BUA). If the call does finish before the
timer is hit, Yate will do the job and disconnect both legs of the call
(inbound and outbound) by sending BYE to both parties, therefore reaching
the scenario wanted. However, this is considered like a security whole in
Yate since anyone could achieve call disconnects by using the right private
header, so u must set also an ip acl inside yate for the calls where u
process the private-timer header.

I am at your disposal if you need further help with freeradius-cdrtool
connector (planning to release out a new version soon, just hope that the
time will stay still to give me that opportunity ;-) ).

Regards,
DanB