[Kamailio-Users] Engaging rtpproxy

Tue Oct 28 16:18:03 CET 2008

Graham Wooden schrieb:
> Thanks Klaus. I will try the force_rtp_proxy() in the 302 failure_route
> tonight; I already have the get_redirects and t_relay in there.
>
> However, what is the best way to get in there for the 200 OK for the
> reply without having it be for evey call?

1. use t_on_reply() in failure route to activate a reply route for this
transaction
2. mark the dialog somehow, so that you can cal force_rtp_proxy also for
reINVITEs of this dialog (e.g. by adding a record route parameter which
you can check after loose_route() or by using the dialog module)
3. in reply route check if response code has body with content type sdp
(textops module) and if present call force_rtp_proxy.

For how enforcing rtpproxy works in general I recommend to make a sample
configuration with the sipwise.com wizard.

regards
klaus

> Thanks!
>
> -graham
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Note: There are 2 RTP proxies for Kamailio:
>>  for Kamailio <= 1.3: rtpproxy (controlled via nathelper module) and
>> mediaproxy (controlled via mediaproxy module)
>>
>>  for Kamailio >= 1.4: rtpproxy (controlled via nathelper module) and
>> mediaproxy2 (controlled via mediaproxy module)
>>
>> mediaproxy2 is a Linux kernel module and I think you can not record
>> with it. AFAIK rtpproxy supports recording of sessions.
>> http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/nathelper.html#id2506972
>>
>> 3xx can be caught in failure_route.
>>
>> There you execute get_redirects("*"); the force_rtpproxy and then
>> t_relay. Further make sure that force_rtp_proxy() is also called for
>> the 200 OK response (reply route) and furter in-dialog requests.
>>
>> regards
>> Klaus
>>
>> Graham Wooden schrieb:
>>> Hi list,
>>> I currently don¹t proxy audio nor have any plans to for all calls,
>>> except
>>> for the "302 Redirect", where I need kamailio to become a b2bua with