[Kamailio-Users] Anyone doing CNAM lookups?

Sajith T S sajith at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 12:29:22 CEST 2008

> So, how do you send the Name to the callee once the CNAM response is
> received?

By calling CNAM as early as possible in INVITE processing, and then
hoping for the best. :) (And I guess it could be sent in the
subsequent messages if at all possible, but I'm not sure.  I was
trying to recall the details myself because this is pretty old code
we're talking about..)

Predictably enough, this did not work well all the time and so
customers did complain our claims of supplying caller name are wrong.
Of course it is hard to guarantee that CNAM will work all the time
unless we are willing to delay or drop calls.

--
"the lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne."
     	         -- Chaucer.