[Kamailio-Users] Registrar performance

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed Oct 22 10:08:16 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 21 October 2008, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> > I would like to have some rough estimate of the registrar performance
> > (with DB).
>
> registrar performance heavily depends on DB mode. Write through is
> probably slower than write back mode.

Some more factors this depends on:

- type of the database (mysql, postgres..)
- exact setup and machine configuration (DBs likes RAM)
- usage of a local DB or a remote one
- exact configuration of the UA and registrar, e.g. expires values, number of
  DB access per REGISTER

In our experience registrar performance is not an issue. You'll probably need
several machines anyway because of HA/ maintenance requirements. But because
of this different factors its not easy to estimate for your special
situation.

You can find some registrar benchmarks at our website:
http://www.kamailio.org/docs/openser-performance-tests/

I'd suggest that you do some benchmarks with your setup, e.g. with sipp and a
simple REGISTER scenario.

Cheers,

Henning