[Kamailio-Users] In-dialog request correlation without loose routing?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Oct 17 14:53:28 CEST 2008

Klaus Darilion wrote:

> Alex Balashov schrieb:
>> BTW, I do think it would be a good idea for the dialog module to
>> export these functions directly into the script symbols so they can be
>> called that way.  I do not like to do loose routing unnecessarily /
>> when I have no use for it.
>
> How does your setup work without loose_route? The proxy sees in-dialog
> requests only if you record_route. If you do record_route(), you have to
> use loose_route for correct routing. You can't have one without the
> other (except you do manual routing also for in-dialog requests)

That's generally what I always do - manual routing for in-dialog requests.

I was not aware that loose_route() is required for correct routing of
in-dialog requests when they are record-routed back through the proxy.

I think one of the reasons why this may not be much of an issue for me
is because my proxy applications generally always have the proxy as the
URI domain - I won't relay for !uri == myself.  So, after the initial
INVITE is rewritten, the UAC/UAS cores on either side send subsequent
in-dialog requests to the same URI they sent the INVITE to.

I would, of course, be eager to hear any methodological insights you may
offer about what I'm doing incorrectly.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems