[Kamailio-Users] In-dialog request correlation without loose routing?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 21:15:59 CEST 2008

On 10/16/08 22:07, Alex Balashov wrote:
> Ovidiu Sas wrote:
>

>>> If it is loose_route() that I need to correlate subsequent in-dialog
>>> requests, why?  As you said, if no RR cookies are being used, why should the
>>> proxy care about the Route: header?
>>>
>> I don't know how to put it better in other words :(
>> The proxy doesn't care about the Route header.
>> The proxy uses the record routing mechanism as a hook into the dialog
>> internals and the matching is done inside the dialog module.  After
>> that, the dialog module will chose the matching mechanism.
>>

> I got that.
>
> So, why does matching not work unless I call loose_route(), regardless
> of match mode?  :-)

the matching is triggered by execution of Route processing callbacks
that happen only by calling loose_route().

The dialog module registers a function to be called when the Route
header is processed. In this function the dialog module does the
matching algorithm. To get independent of that, for matching mode 2, a
function should be exported by dialog for explicit call in the script,
something like:

if(dialog_match())
{
}