[Kamailio-Users] In-dialog request correlation without loose routing?

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Thu Oct 16 18:29:45 CEST 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 12:23 PM, Ovidiu Sas <osas at voipembedded.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 12:49 AM, Alex Balashov
> <abalashov at evaristesys.com> wrote:
>>> Post your config and the trace of a bad call (ngrep + kamailio logs).
>>
>> Config: http://pastebin.com/f28051a5
>>
>> My debug output: http://pastebin.com/d2f667520 (The profile size just keeps
>> incrementing with every call that I make from 7709600101)
>>
>> Kamailio debug logs for dialog module: http://pastebin.com/d75721f2b
>>
>> My debug output with loose routing: http://pastebin.com/d2b0fb533
>>
>> Packet trace: http://pastebin.com/d77297606
>
> Your config is bogus.  You are not doing proper record-routing (you
> commented out that section).
> In-dialog requests are matched during record-route handling,
> regardless of the dialog match mode.

The documentation is a little bit fuzzy about this, but here's the hint:
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/1.4.x/dialog#id2507978
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/1.4.x/dialog#id2508031

<quote>
This PV will be available only for sequential requests, after doing
loose_route().
</quote>

So it means that you must perform loose_route() if you want to catch
in-dialog request and have a consistent dialog state.  With your
config, all the dialogs will just time out ...