[Kamailio-Users] Interfaceing Presence server with Presence Network Aget(PNA)

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 11:12:49 CEST 2008

Hello,

On 10/13/08 12:30, suresh tattikota wrote:

> hi all
>
> I am trying to develop  the interface between PNA and PS,that is PEN
> interface,
> for that  i am using the one openser 1.2 as the PNA Application server
> and Presence server.

it is recommended that you use kamailio 1.4.1 as presence server, it has
many improvements in this area, openser 1.2 is rather old and not
supported anymore

> I already developed sh interface between HSS and the PNA.
> After getting the PNR request from HSS,PNA has to send the PUBLISH
> message to PS
>
> so here my doubt is
>
> 1.How to connect the PNA and PS
> 2.how to construct PUBLISH XML body
> 3.can i use the opensips/openser as presence network agent
The problem with the questions you ask is that you use a lot of
abbreviations from IMS specs (as they look) . You won't find good
answers unless you get to more details of what you want to achieve,
preferably at SIP level - nobody will spend time to understand what PS,
PEN, PNA are supposed to do.

Kamailio (OpenSER) can be used as:
- presence server - can handle PUBLISH/SUBSCRIBE messages and send NOTIFYs
- presence user agent - initiate PUBLISH requests

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com