[Kamailio-Users] How to handle DoS attack and OpenSER Pike module!

Arif-Uz-Zaman arif.zaman at stitelnetworks.com
Tue Oct 14 08:32:46 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I need to bother about crazy client by considering "Flood" detection
technique. I can do it by using OpenSER Pike
<http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/1.2.x/pike.html>  module which helps to
keep trace of all (or selected ones) incoming request's IP source and blocks
the ones that exceeded some limit.

In my case: If the number of SIP messages from a single IP address to my SIP
Proxy exceeds 200 per minute. Recommended action: Block IP for 2 hours.

I tried with the pike module but I'm little bit confused with sampling,
density, and timeout value.

Please help me with example configuration by considering my point.

Thanks,
ARIF