[Kamailio-Users] simple question

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 11:26:03 CEST 2008

Hello,

On 10/06/08 20:22, Alex Balashov wrote:
> There's a lot more to being a B2BUA than just changing some headers.
> What you are suggesting is a phenomenal waste of time and energy.  If
> you want a lightweight B2BUA for a specific purpose, check out Yate or
> similar.
>
> Also, there's a lot more attributes that define a logical call leg.
> These include the GUID, the tags, etc.  Your approach is superficial.

indeed, a b2bua is something very complex, even the definition is not
clear. Also, it is not recommended to change the URI in From/To headers
because of backward compatibility with sip 1.0.

However, if it is about a controlled environment where all endpoints are
sip 2.0 compliant, then a dialog is matched only by call-id, from tag
and to tag. In such situation changing the From/To URI is harmless - I
have done it many times for limited purposes (anonymous, To URI number
format) and simply works.

> Alex R.S.M wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I want openSER to act ad a B2B UA,  replacing TO, FROM and URI fields. I
>> know "rewritehostport" function allow me to modify URI. What are
>> functions can be used to change TO and FROM fields.
>>
>> Thanks,

>> Get more out of the Web. Learn 10 hidden secrets of Windows Live. Learn
>> Now
>> <http://windowslive.com/connect/post/jamiethomson.spaces.live.com-Blog-cns!550F681DAD532637!5295.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_getmore_092008>

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com