[Kamailio-Users] Can openser.cfg lead to pkg memory problem?

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Oct 6 19:09:24 CEST 2008

On Monday 06 October 2008, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> [..]
> > no, the reason for reversion is that the latest version running in
> > production will not show the problem because we adopted preventive
> > reset to minimize impact to customer calls. So I don't know yet if it
> > shows this problem or not.
> > So I collected the logs using a revision that I was sure could
> > recreate the problem.
>
> OK, I understand now. I was looking at the logs and there seems to be a
> leak with db operations - something does not free a db result. I will go
> over the modules that you are using and try to spot any issue -- i will
> check the change log to see if something happened in the last time
> regarding such issue..
> [..]

Hi Daniel,

yes, i also had this impression. If i understand the log correctly, then there
about 6400 not freed database results, that causes the out of memory
condition. This are about 1/5 to 1/4 of the total calls that lead to this
problem, not good. I checked the mysql driver functions in question, but i
did not found something yet. So i also suppose the problem is related to the
used modules. Ovidiu, how does this module set matches to the modules you
use?

Cheers,

Henning