[Kamailio-Users] Kamailio and Asterisk trunking?

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Sun Oct 5 19:07:14 CEST 2008

El Domingo, 5 de Octubre de 2008, John D escribió:
> Not sure if I'm properly wording this, but I used to have two asterisk
> servers speaking to each other over SIP, configured via sip.conf. I now
> need a way to forward calls from my Asterisk instance to my Kamailio server
> so it can properly distribute the call. At this point however, I cannot
> find any documentation in order to properly have the two speak to each
> other. Would anyone be kind enough to point me in the right direction to
> establish that connection?

If I understand properly, you want:

  Asterisk_1 <-----> Kamailio <------> Asterisk_2

Well, at least there are two ways to get it:

1) Sending the request directly from Asterisk_1 to Kamailio and Kamailio
forwarding it to Asterisk_2:

In Asterisk_1 sip.conf:
  [asterisk_2]
  host = ip_kamailio

When kamailio receives a request from Asterisk_1 (it can detect it by matching
the source IP, for example), it can forward it to Asterisk 2 by setting $du
or changing the RURI by modifing $ru (or just $rd = RURI host part).

2) Using Kamailio as outbound proxy.

In Asterisk_1 sip.conf:
  [asterisk_2]
  host = ip_asterisk_2
  outboundproxy = ip_kamailio

In this case, theorically, the request would have a "Route: sip:ip_kamailio"
so when Kamailio gets the request it will route it basing on that Route
header.
But I'm not sure if Asterisk implements it correctly (maybe it doesn't add the
Route header). If not, kamailio should route as in 1), basing on source IP.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo