[Kamailio-Users] LCR to Carrierroute with DNS/SRV Support

Krom kyle.romulas at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 14:51:02 CEST 2008

Hello,

I am/will be a newbie to 1.3.x and beyond and have a question
regarding a new requirement of two of my upstream providers.  We have
been running 1.1.1-notls since it was released.  We have been in the
mindset of, "if it's not broken, don't fix it".  But our upstream
providers are now telling us to move to DNS/SRV for signaling outbound
- for good reason.

We have been using LCR for carrier/gateway selection and for URI
manipulation prior to relaying to a cluster of session boarder
controllers.  As you know the DB table for LCR only supports integers
in the gw table for ip_addr.  I have been reading up on 1.2.x and
1.3.x to upgrade to a solution that would allow us to stay within the
same call processing (script) design, but still support the new
upstream requirement.  I noticed the carrierroute table rewrite_host
column is string.  Could this be used to satisfy my needs of
manipulating the URI for an IP where the carrier still uses a list of
gateway IP's to try and use the DNS/SRV domain name where the carrier
requires the use for SRV look-up?  The session boarder controllers
will conduct the SRV look-up after receiving the relayed message from
Kamailio, it is just getting the domain name on the URI instead of IP
address that I am looking to accomplish.  Will the carrierroute module
assist in this effort or is there another way that I am totally
missing?

Figured I would ask the gurus before following Alice down the rabbit hole.

--
Thanks,
-- Kyle