[Kamailio-Users] "408 - Request timeout" instead of "503" problem.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 17:29:05 CET 2008

Hello,

On 11/21/08 18:15, Ricardo Martinez wrote:

> Hello List.
>
> I have the next situation. I’m trying to build a “LCR” but using the
> information from a Radius Server, so ‘im using the avp_radius module
> to obtain the “next_gw” data from my DB.
>
> So far so good, I have been able to retry a failed call with the next
> gateway in the list. In my tests I’m using a list of 3 gateways and
> I’m seeing the next behavior : I have all the gateways off-line, so
> the call is redirected to the first, second and and finally to the
> third gateway, when there is no moer gateways to try I have this
> statement in my config file :
>
> if( there is gateways to try on the list… ) {
>
> route(1);
>
> } else {
>
> sl_send_reply("503", "No more DB routes");
>
> exit;
>
> }

use t_reply() instead of sl_send_reply(), because the code is called
from failure route, you have to use tm functions.

This issue affects other parts now, going to be fixed till next release,
see:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2105813&group_id=139143&atid=743020

> I send the “503 – No more DB routes” but the Kamailio also send a “408
> Request Timeout”.
>
> What could this be happening? I even tried with just one gateway on
> the list, with the same results. I was expecting just the “503”
> message, and not the “408”.
>
> Hope that someone could help me.
>
> I’m attaching my kamailio-snnipet.cfg file and a full debug with the
> behavior.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ricardo Martinez

Daniel-Constantin Mierla