[Kamailio-Users] sip router project status

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 11:09:57 CET 2008

Hello,

just to let you know that yesterday evening first openser/kamailio
modules run on the common core+tm provided by sip-router project. That
was siputils (new module in Kamailio devel version).

Soon after:
- xlog module was ready too, with just an extra define in Makefile,
marking the inclusion of pseudo-variable and transformation API in
sip-router -- one can do color printing via xlog. Note that all
pseudo-variables and transformations will be moved in PV module as
discussed some time ago on Kamailio devel mailing list.
- db api of Kamailio and SER were included as library and other modules
become compilable with sip-router

For reference:
http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/sr-dev/2008-November/000071.html
http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/sr-dev/2008-November/000077.html
http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/sr-dev/2008-November/000081.html
http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/sr-dev/2008-November/000082.html

Once MI and statistics will become libraries as well, then many other
modules shall work more or less out of the box (some statistics done in
core and 1-2 mi commands will miss in the first phase). Then in comes
the second big step, after module integration, config language update --
after that point we are kind of 70% ready.

All these happened in just few days since source code repository (GIT)
was up ... it looks like we will get most of the features from
Kamailio/OpenSER and SER together sooner than I expected ... let's see ...

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com