[Kamailio-Users] Dialog profile persistence - DB vs. memory.

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Nov 10 20:12:06 CET 2008

Greetings,

Is some of the dialog profile information kept in in-memory structures
inside the Kamailio instance even when one is using a database?

I am using the dialog module in an HA configuration and fail over the
database and proxy between two machines.  The database and the proxy are
both started on the secondary node during failover, and the database
uses on-disk data and indices on a shared filesystem.

What I am finding is that if I initiate some dialogs on the primary and
then trigger the failover, the proxy on the secondary node is not aware
of them.  I see the entries for them in the database table from the
secondary node - they're definitely there, and I am using db_mode 1
(real-time).  However, the profile sizes are all showing as 0.  I have
also tried it with different match_modes with the same results whether I
am using the RR cookie or SIP attributes purely.

It's rather important that I get this working because I require dialog
tracking for secure loose-routing of subsequent (non-initial) in-dialog
requests and for concurrent call limit control.  I was imagining that
storing all the dialog info in the database would create the necessary
persistence layer for another proxy instance to have the exact same
profile information as the first.

Is this a bug, or is it supposed to work this way?

Cheers,

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov