[Kamailio-Users] Remote-Party-ID header

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Mon Nov 3 12:22:35 CET 2008

El Lunes, 3 de Noviembre de 2008, ALAEDDINE abbech escribió:
> thanks,
> i will use the RFC 3325 but i don't know a soft phone supported this RFC.

You should read that RFC since it doesn't involve final phones but proxies and
gateways.

> please if you know one give me its name ou a link to download it.

The tipicall scenario is:

- A phone sends an INVITE. The "From" is "bob".
- The proxy authenticates the INVITE.
- Before forwarding the INVITE to the PSTN gateway, the proxy adds a
P-Asserted-Identity header containing the asserted identity, that could be a
PSTN number as callerID or any other username, examples:
  - P-Asserted-Identity: <sip:+12345678 at domain.org>
  - P-Asserted-Identity: <tel:+12345678>
  - P-Asserted-Identity: <sip:bob.home at domain.org>
- When any other node in the network that trusts this proxy receives this
INVITE from it, it trusts the PAI header and uses it as a callerid.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo