[OpenSER-Users] ERROR 1071 (42000) at line 2: Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed May 21 17:54:36 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 21 May 2008, Yazid Hadj Said wrote:
> Hi Henning,
> I configured mysql with latin1 (in my.cnf), but i don't know when can i
> specify to openser to use latin1. In other word how can I verify if openser
> use UTF-8?

Hi Yazid,

its not possible to use the UTF-8 charset at the moment with OpenSER and
mysql. I think this is a limitation from mysql, look for example to this bug:
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=4541

The openserdbctl script failed to detect that your server uses UTF-8 as
default charset, because there was an error present in the tool. This is
fixed now, it should now work for you regardless if you use latin1 or utf8 as
default charset.

Cheers,

Henning