[OpenSER-Users] [RFC] - siptrace change

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed May 14 14:36:29 CEST 2008

Hi,

I would like to get your opinion/comments on some siptrace issue.

In 1.3, a new capability was added in siptrace - to trace the ACK
resulted from sending stateless replies.

The problem I discovered with this is that it cannot be controlled by
selecting the messages or transactions to be be traced. Usually you use
siptrace to trace only certain transactions / messages - tracing all
traffic is usually not a realistic option.

So, with the stateless ACK, the siptrace module cannot apply the
selection from script and trace them all, with no filtering at all. So,
if you want to trace a traffic for a single user, all ACK going through
the platform will be traced.

This reduces the usability of the module and you get a lot of garbage
tracing.

My suggestion will be to disable stateless ACK tracing until a way to
control/filter it is found. I'm asking this considering the upcoming
1.3.2 release from tomorrow.

Regards,
Bogdan