[OpenSER-Users] how to set FROM to a different uri

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Tue May 13 10:45:36 CEST 2008

El Monday 12 May 2008 20:06:13 sye escribió:
> HI,
>
>     I use aliases table set sip forwarding.
>     During the forwarding I want to do is set FROM uri to a different
> sip address.  ( I want to hide the original FROM uri).

If you need to change "From" header you must use "uac" module (it has a
function to change "From").
But if you just want to set the callerid in a call going to a PSTN gateway you
should use instead "P-Asserted-Id" (PAI) header (that
obsoletes "Remote-Party-ID" (RPID). It's more "ellegant" than changing
the "From".

>    How do I do it?    I check the cook book and don't see any function
> that I can use to do that work.

Of course, you must look into modules documentation, not just in the corebook.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
ibc at in.ilimit.es