[OpenSER-Users] [OpenSER-Devel] Memory dump for OpenSER 1.3.1 which slowly leaks memory

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed May 7 10:48:41 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 06 May 2008, Julian Yap wrote:
> Private memory is default.  Should I increase this?  Is there a
> recommended rule of thumb?
>
> Shared memory is set for 128Mb.  There were memory errors at 32Mb but
> none since this was increased to 128Mb.
>
> Using the setting 'children = 8'.

(moved to user list)

Hi Julien,

you only need to increase this if you use some modules that needs to load a
big dataset on startup (e.g. carrierroute), and if you get allocation errors
for the private memory.

If you run with 128 MB shared memory, then the server should not use more then
this memory, i.e. the depletion of memory you observed is not caused from
OpenSER.

The ammount of memory that is used from the server is:

((actual number of children) x private memory) + shared memory

Perhaps you can adapt your "monitoring" to log the actual biggest memory
consumer on the system?

Cheers,

Henning