[OpenSER-Users] Carrierroute

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Wed Mar 26 04:57:54 CET 2008

Hello Douglas,

I am using this module in production with more then 400k routes loaded
for 8 different providers and it is working like a charm.
As Henning mentioned, the interface is a little bit cumbersome but usable.
You can put all the carriers under the same table and prioritize the
gateway based on domains.  Like tis you don't need to hardcode
anything in the config file.

Carrierroute was designed to deal with a big amount of routing rules
and it is doing an amazing job.
LCR was designed to deal with a limited number of routes/gateways but
it has a different level of flexibility and a more mature interface.

Carrierroute is a brand new module and for sure it will improve in
flexibility as times go by (just like the lcr did along releases).

Hope this helps,
Ovidiu Sas