[OpenSER-Users] Presence Server

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 10:46:48 CET 2008

Hello,

On 03/18/08 11:41, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thank you for your ideas. I have asterisk allready running on a
> real-time setup but the problem is that because the account isnt
> registered at the asterisk its not in the asterisk cache and so i get
> a 404 replied.
>
> so i think there is no way then coding it byself.
I see no reason why it requires to be registered in asterisk. The dialog
for presence is created upon SUBSCRIBE -- and there will get the Route
set and the address (from the contact header) where to deliver the
NOTIFYs. As said, the approach worked for MWI subscriptions, some time
ago, when I tried -- don't recall if I had to do some hacks in the
configuration, but I am pretty sure was not coding the C in asterisk.