[OpenSER-Users] Presence Server

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 10:37:36 CET 2008

Hello,

On 03/17/08 10:48, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> hello,
>
> iam new to this list and i have a question about the presence Server in
> openser. We are currently using asterisk for a hosted pbx solution with
> the feature so show active and also ringing lines on a snom360 phone.
> This feature uses the Asterisk hint, subscriber and notify handling.
>
> i havent found if i could use the presence server for this solution. The
> problem is that if i just pass through the subscriber and notify
> messages from the client via openser to the asterisk server that the
> server doesnt know if the client which should be watched is registered
> or not (registrations are made with openser).
> So i have to find a solution where openser could handle subscriptions
> for clients which are registered and also send notifys on every invite,
> ringing and bye of a watched client to the subscriber.
>
> could i use the presence server for that or should i search for another
> solution?

openser presence server as it is now won't help you much -- it is for
presence states. What you want to have is dialog states -- openser is by
default just a proxy, does not keep dialog states. However, by using
dialog module, you can improve openser behavior in this matter, but that
module is not yet integrated with presence server.

Check if it is possible to instruct asterisk to send notify messages to
openser when the user is not registered with it -- I got it for MWI, but
not sure if works for this case. If that is possible, then you can have
your solution. Redirect the subscribe messages for dialog states to
asterisk. Configure asterisk to use real-time peers as it is in:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Realtime+Integration+Of+Asterisk+With+OpenSER

Make sure you do record routing in openser, for subscribes.

Cheers.
Daniel