[OpenSER-Users] Relaying to outbound proxy

Adrian A adrianvoip at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 20:51:26 CET 2008

Hi Andreas,

I have set the configuration as you mentioned below but it does not seem to
help. Let me give you some more details about what I'm trying to accomplish.

In my setup, there are 2 proxies: Proxy A and Proxy B. Depending on the
physical location, some users register to Proxy A and some to Proxy B. The
openser database is shared between the two proxies.

Here is the call scenario that I'm looking to get working:

1. User Bob registers to Proxy A with a particular NAT binding
2. External call comes in to Proxy B for user Bob.
3. Proxy B tries to contact Bob at the location from the usrloc table but
because the NAT binding does not know anything about Proxy B's IP, the
request is not passed trough.

What I need is for Proxy B to send the request to Proxy A so this can then
relay to client.

I have added the modparam settings on both proxies (since both can act as
both outbound proxies and registrar for different users) and added inside
the route:

If (uri == myself) {
   If (is_method("REGISTER")) {
        add_path_received();

I would have expected that this would add something to the 'path' value in
the location table, but this is still NULL after user registers.

Thanks,
Adrian