[OpenSER-Users] Cant connect to local MySQL server through socket

Megha Saini megs20 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 11:10:31 CET 2008

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I have edited my file: /etc/openser/openserctlrc  and using the command
openserdbctl create,  I am able to  create the database.

But if I run the  command : /usr/local/sbin/openserctl moni
I am getting error:
database engine 'MYSQL' loaded
Control engine 'FIFO' loaded
ERROR: Error opening OpenSER's FIFO /tmp/openser_fifo
ERROR: Make sure you have the line 'modparam("mi_fifo", "fifo_name",
"/tmp/openser_fifo")' in your config
ERROR: and also have loaded the mi_fifo module.

I have checked openser.cfg file and checked that I have included necessary
lines in it for fifo module, i.e. I have loaded the module as well as
included the line: 'modparam("mi_fifo", "fifo_name", "/tmp/openser_fifo")'
in openser.cfg file.

I dont know where I am doing the mistake. Please help me if you are able to
run openser successfully and also register the user client on it.

Also, I dotn know how to de-install the existing version of openser so that
I can re-install the fedora version of openser as said by you. However,
since I am able to run this version from /etc/init.d/openser start and also
able to create databases and add users, should I proceed with this only?

I get the mysql.sock error only when I try to start openser from
/usr/local/sbin/openser start. Why is it so?

When I run start openser and have created the users and I try to register
them, I get problem that: Destination unreachable. Is it due to that UDP
sockets are not in LISTEN mode initially and only TCP ports are?

Please help me with whatever knowledge you have. I am really stucked. :(

Thanks again
Megha