[OpenSER-Users] Dialog module - how to cleanly stop an active dialog

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Tue Mar 11 18:15:26 CET 2008

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Gelf wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm currently playing around with the dialog module. Current config:
>
>  > loadmodule "dialog.so"
>  > modparam("dialog", "enable_stats", 1)
>  > modparam("dialog", "hash_size", 4096)
>  > modparam("dialog", "rr_param", "rdlg")
>  > modparam("dialog", "dlg_flag", FLAG_DIALOG)
>  > modparam("dialog", "dlg_match_mode", 1)
>  > modparam("dialog", "db_url", "mysql://DB_USER:DB_PASS@DB_HOST/DB_NAME")
>  > modparam("dialog", "db_mode", 1)
>
> I had to comment out the following ones, as 1.3 (SVN rev 3864) doesn't
> like them (as af http://www.openser.org/docs/modules/1.3.x/dialog.html
> thy should work):
>
>  > #modparam("dialog", "default_timeout", "7200")
>  > #modparam("dialog", "db_update_period", "60")

The parameters exist, but they take an integer value (and not a string),
so drop the quotes from the values. For "default_timeout" there was a
documentation error which I  just fixed.

> However: if I end a dialog with (example):
>
>  > openserctl fifo dlg_end_dlg 162 1311477520
>
> syslog is telling me:
>
>  > ... CRITICAL:dialog:next_state_dlg: bogus event 7 in state 5
>
> Both BYE's are sent out correctly, and both clients answer them (OK).
> Is this "CRITICAL" thingy the normal behaviour? Or may there something
> be wrong with my config? I'm currently running

You should not worry about this - it is a side effect of  a latest fix -
the dialog goes into DELETE state when first bye is sent out . The error
you see is when the second bye is sent.... it is only about logging, but
still needs to be fixed
>  > setflag(FLAG_DIALOG);
>
> for each INVITE request - DB entries are created / modified correctly.
>
> Mediaproxy sessions are not terminated, they time out after idling
> around for a while:
>
>  > ... session 7bf33c00a5793790@<ip.address>: ended (did timeout).
>
> Is there a way to cleanly stop them too?

This is related to your later quest - acc for BYE; more or less this is
the same case - no script route is used when the BYEs are generated, so
the mediaproxy is not properly stopped.

Regards,
Bogdan