[OpenSER-Users] "user not found" and "user not exist"

Cosimo Fadda cosimo.fadda at klarya.it
Wed Mar 5 10:34:27 CET 2008

Hi Amit,
you can distinguish this two conditions as suggested from RFC 3261:

if (user not found) -> sl_send_reply("480","Temporarily Unavailable");

if (user not exist) -> sl_send_reply("404","NOT Found");

HTH

Cosimo

21.4.18 480 Temporarily Unavailable

   The callee's end system was contacted successfully but the callee is
   currently unavailable...
   This status is also returned by a redirect or proxy server that
   recognizes the user identified by the Request-URI, but does not
   currently have a valid forwarding location for that user.