[OpenSER-Users] "noisy_ctimer" parameter in TM module

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Tue Mar 4 16:21:10 CET 2008

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 5:20 AM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
<bogdan at voice-system.ro> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
>  Thanks a lot for the valuable input. In my opinion,trying to summarize
>  the discussion:
>
>   what we need is not to have a mechanism to ignore the C timer, but
>  rather a better way to manage/control C timer.
>
>  This means:
>
>  1) dropping (after all) the "noisy_ctimer" as it proves to be more or
>  less a hack

I'm all for it.

>  2) add new feature to manage/control C timer (like onreply route change
>  support, different routes for timeout and failures, etc)..

I would like to leave onreply route  as is and deal with timeouts in a
timeout_route.
It will keep things structured and organized.  If I need to check
something about a timer, it will be in a single place, not spread
around my config (just my 2c).

>  Is this commonly agreed?

It looks like.

Regards,