[OpenSER-Users] Problem with asterisk authenticating on invite

Stagg Shelton stagg at sheltonjohns.com
Mon Jun 30 05:07:55 CEST 2008

I've been trying to work through openser successfully authenticating a
user on an INVITE.  I've tried using www_challenge and
proxy_challenge.  Each time, OpenSER will respond to the INVITE with
the appropriate Authentication header depending on what I'm using, and
asterisk will resend the INVITE with the Digest credentials.  I've
determined that OpenSER returns a -5 when processing either
www_authorize or proxy_authorize and the INVITE has the Digest
credentials.

The authentication seems to work just fine when asterisk Registers to
openser.  Are there any known issues with asterisk authenticating
during an INVITE?  I would prefer to do it this way in case the PBX
loses its primary network connectivity and is failing to a secondary
route, or some other reason that would cause the IP address to change.

I am currently using OpenSER 1.3.1

Thank You
Stagg Shelton