[OpenSER-Users] About openser redirect - forward

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Sat Jun 21 00:00:48 CEST 2008

El Viernes, 20 de Junio de 2008, Valerio Di Marino escribió:
> Thanks for your answer.

Ok, but next time continue the thread in the maillist ;)

> 2008/6/20 Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net:
> > AFAIK if a UAC is redirected it will not include the already used
> > credentials
> > in the new request to the new destination (maybe I'm wrong).
>
> Do you think is possible to force using the pseudovariables ?

No, it's not possible. When a UAAC receives a 302 it generates a completely
new request with destination the URI of the "Contact" in the 302.

> > If you need solving NAT in your OpenSer then you need to forward the
> > request
> > in it after make fix NAT.
>
> How ? Can explain better ?

If a UAC receives a 302 it will generate a new INVITE. If the UAC has not
configured your OpenSer as outbound proxy, the new INVITE it generates will
go directly to the SIP provider, so it's not possible your OpenSer makes fix
the NAT (fix "Contact" and so).
But maybe your SIP provider makes fix the NAT by itself, or you can try STUN
in your UAC's.

> > If not you could use forwarding or redirect.
>
> With redirect, openser will send an address and the uer will contact the
> new address: is it correct ? (I am not shure).

Yes, OpenSer replies a 302 with the new URI in the "Contact" header.

> > In OpenSer to get a redirection you must set the RURI ($ru = ...) and
> > reply a
> > 302 to the user.
>
> Can you send  ma a routine syntax ?
> For example, I would redirect to sip.voipstunt.com

Something like:

$ru = "sip.voipstunt.com";
send_reply("302", "Redirect to SIP provider");
exit;

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo