[OpenSER-Users] appending into Via header

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Jun 16 11:27:52 CEST 2008

On Monday 16 June 2008, Jayesh Nambiar wrote:
> I had a requirement of appending a text in the VIA header while forwarding
> the request to the PSTN gateway. For eg:
> When the call is forwarded to a PSTN gateway from my Openser server, I
> needed the Via header to be as follows: Via: SIP/2.0/UDP
> 192.168.2.125;branch=z9hG4bK7e7c.877b4352;x-route-tag="cid:1234"
> x-route-tag="cid:1234" is what I want to append to the Via header that is
> going out of my proxy. I do not want to disturb the first Via header that
> has come in from the UA, I only want to append the text in the Via header
> when the message goes out of Openser proxy. Can someone please guide me on
> which module can help me in doing this or what would be the right approach.
> Thanks in advance,
> -- Jayesh

Hi Jayesh,

take a look at the textops modules, there are functions present to add/
manipulate header fields. I don't understand why you need to append the same
parameter "x-route-tag" two times.. Instead of modifiying the VIA perhaps its
possible to just add some new header, e.g. X-Route-Tag, this should be
easier.

Henning